Friday, January 7, 2011

Mango & Passion Fruit Cupcake

Happy 2011 to all my friends from near & far.


I would like to share with you a recipe of my beloved mango & passion fruit cupcake. I bake these cupcakes every week, mostly for my own consumption!






Things you need (to make a dozen 2oz cupcakes) :-

  1. 125g Butter (Golden Churn, SCS are my fav)
  2. 110g of caster sugar (I like it less-sweet)
  3. 125g of self-raising flour
  4. 2 size A (Large) eggs
  5. 2 passion fruits
  6. 3 - 4 pieces of dried mangoes (cut them into small pieces)

  • Cream the butter & sugar until white & fluffy (stand mixer - speed 6 (mine is Kitchen Aid)). 
  • Turn speed to 4 and beat in the eggs, one by one. 
  • Add in the passion fruits pulps & juices and beat around 30 seconds. 
  • Then, turn the speed to 1 and mix in the flour (separate it into 3 batches) batch by batch, mixing around 30 to 50 seconds and mix in the dried mangoes before switching off the mixer.

Spoon the batter into 12 cake cups (2 oz or 8cm) and bake in the oven of 180C for 20 minutes. 


I hope you will try it and tell me how you like these cupcakes.

Happy trying.


Carrie



1 comment:

  1. im recently baking this cupcake flavor combo. never tried aanything fruity seems good though! i cant wait! trying it in a chiffon cake. if yourmom loves it hopefully mine will!

    ReplyDelete