Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Beginnings

Well, it was not intentional but accidental that I started this hobby. It all began with my hubby urged me, months ago to look into starting my own business or pursuing my master degree, etc...


After searching high & low, browsing through newspapers and magazines, google searching the net, I was more confused than ever. So, I stopped looking until one fine day, while dining at a restaurant only a minute drive from my condominium, I saw a school offering cake decorating courses. It made every sense to me as it's just 'a stone throw' away from my home and the time schedule is very convenient for a busy mother who does everything from chauffeur to tutor.


With very little expectation and faith, I began my classes...busy not only baking & decorating but looking for 'victims' to consume my 'masterpieces' so as not to waste them all. The challenges that came along hit hard on my 'overcomer' attitude, that I just needed to work harder & harder to perfect my skill.


I would like to encourage those who are thinking of trying new things to believe in yourselves, you would never know...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie,
    great !!! welcome to blogland !
    You are not only good in decorating cakes but also in writing !
    Will come back to see the progress (in both hobbies).
    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your valuable input! A great help indeed!

    ReplyDelete