Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More Challenges (Tips and Ideas are welcomed!)





Just finished making these lemon cupcakes with roses. I made them violet and lilac, my daughters' favourite colours. They are not 'pink' people neither am I, I am 'blue' and they are 'violet', thus I always refrain buying or making anything pink for them.

I found these roses very tricky to make. If you are not careful, it ended up like a cabbage! I can still spot some cabbages in my works, ha ha. Nevertheless, I like these challenges as they pushed me work harder, as the saying goes, practice made perfect.

The lemon cupcakes are not sweet but appetizing. Well, of course the icing (roses) is VERY sweet in order to make it stiff enough for making roses.

I welcome all ideas and tips if there's any to make these roses and the icing less sweet but stiff enough. Thank you in advance.

Stay blessed,
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. WoW & Congrats!

    The lilac& violet roses lemon cakes are so lovely. They are so sweet looking that i will feel guilty if I were to eat away those 'beauties" :)

    All your cakes posted here are good looking and tempting. They dont look like the ones baked by an amateur or new baker at all.

    So keep up your creative cake-baking & i am sure success ( more orders) will follow soon....just a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind words are worth a million! Thank you Ling Ling.

    ReplyDelete